My Blog List

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Track Plan

Finally I have a track plan to show all of you what I am planning.  The camera bent the image but I assure you it was square to start with. I don't have time to learn one of those fancy track plan software programs. 


The left side of the layout is 10 foot long and 2 foot deep. The center section is 15 foot long and the right side is 9 foot long. The layout is in HO scale and the control system is the Power Cab System from NCE.  The layout will feature fall scenery as I love that time of year and you can use lots of different colors. The layout will feature the the terrain that is natural to my home town, Council Bluffs, Iowa.  The town get's it's name from the bluffs where the many Indian tribes would gather in the bluffs and hold large council meetings.  The back side in the center will feature a bluff that will run most of it's length and some mainline track will run through the middle of it. I think it will be a nice mix of scenery and operation.  The industry's on the layout are all real but may or may not still be in existence today or may no longer receive rail service.  


The layout is built for operation and designed to keep 1 or 2 operators busy using a scenario card based operating system. Thanks for looking and I hope you follow along with me. click the photo to view in full size. 





No comments:

Post a Comment